English French German Spain Italian Dutch

Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified
by : BTF

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Faces and Masks

I'm trying to catch all the words
Thrown by the mystery of art
A hobby that I crave for
playing with the words so sweet to my soul
Keep comin' through my mind
A passion that i live for
To give myself a breathe
an outlet to this suffocating world
Oh! what an overflowing relief

A child always love to see a clown
cause they wear a happy mask
An imagery of pretenders
covering the face of reality
like all of us, may wear everyday
To hid what's beneath us
And as a shield from rejection
enough to hide what's inside us
Why can't we unmask ourselves?

Unlike the game I'm playing on
Where no need to wear a mask
Only real faces in the picture
Thoughts and emotions you can't fake it
No eyes, nor ears sneakin' at me
makes freedom overflowing on my pen
The only way i can be heard, felt, known and understood
It's something they can't see on the surface
Till they read my broadsides

Sweet emotions slowly molded in the heart
Yet we often try to wear a mask
Concealing what lies beneath the heart
Maybe too shy to show what we ought to feel
Or just too scared bout the pain in the past
How i wish you and i can always be real
Throw all the masks we used to wear
Set aside fear, shame, pride and freely explode
Let true emotions and thoughts prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment